Dr. iur. Clemens LADENBURGER, born 1967 in Stuttgart (Germany), married, 3 children.
- Studies of law at the Universities of Freiburg, Geneva and Chicago (LL.M. 1993; State Exams 1992 and 1995).
- 1996 - 1997, academic assistant at University of Heidelberg. Dr. iur. awarded 1999 (thesis prizes of the European Group of Public Law and of the U. of Heidelberg).
- 1998, official in the German Federal Ministry of Justice, Constitutional Department.
- 1998 - 1999, Member of Cabinet of the Secretary-General of the Council, covering notably Justice and Home Affairs.
- Since 1999, Legal Service of the Commission, Team "Institutions", i.a. responsible for Human Rights, participation in the drafting of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.